Tropical Card Series - Tiki Guys and a Bonus Box

 I fell in love with these Tiki Guys from the Tim Holtz Tropical die set.  As I was making this all I could think about was the Tiki Curse from the Brady Bunch episode that totally sucked me in as a kid(did I just date myself like that?).   I do love how these dies cut watercolor paper.  I washed the paper with browns and then inked up the dies after I cut them for more texture.
The tropical leaves are cut out of Echo Park Paper from the 6x6 pad A Perfect Summer.  The blue background is from the same pad.

So to give these cards as a gift I created a Gift Box for them.  I have a tutorial on this box from 2013 which you can find HERE.  I used one of my new 12 x 12 paper pads from Michael's for the patterned paper for the lid and cardstock for the base.  The flamingo is cut with my silhouette and the stamp is from MFT stamps.
This made a lovely Hostess Gift for a Dear Dear Friend from High School that hosted all of our friends for a BBQ this Summer.  It was a wonderful evening with Friends supporting Friends.  

So this is the end of this Series.  I feel like cards are getting a bit boring to me I've made some others for my Etsy shop I will share later but I have an itch to Scrapbook so I think layouts are in my near future!  Not that cards are gone for good but I have to go back and forth to keep the mojo alive!

Thank you for joining me for this Series and I hope you return for everything coming up in the future!  Have a Great Weekend!

No comments: